Friday, January 28, 2011

My Home Track is Changing - New Year, New Town, New Job

My home track is changing.

NASCAR bloggers often dream about working for NASCAR, a race team, or a NASCAR partner. They write countless articles, seek out myriad networking opportunities, and they keep plugging away, hoping that one day they can quit their day jobs and work for the sport they love.

I’m one of the lucky ones.

Last Saturday, I packed up the car and headed north on I-95 to a new career and a new town where I’m now the Social Media Marketing Manager for Lionel NASCAR Collectables (LNC).

A joint venture between NASCAR and Lionel Electric Trains, LNC is “The Official Die-Cast of NASCAR”.

All those fabulous die-cast cars available at your driver’s hauler? We make those.

Our offices are right across the road from Charlotte Motor Speedway, a couple miles from Hendrick Motorsports, and in the heart of the racing action.

I’m still pinching myself. And I’m pretty much gawking everywhere I go.

Ironically, the first NASCAR race I attended was the All-Star race at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2000. At the time, I didn’t know a scoring tower from a pit box. But when the engines started and the race roared to life, I was hooked.

Now, more than 10 years and one blog later, I’m working just steps away from the very track where I first became a NASCAR fan.

Talk about life coming full circle.

As part of my agreement with LNC, we will soon be rolling this site’s content into the company’s new web site. I’ll still be blogging from there.

I’ll also be keeping my @NASCARista Twitter handle as a personal account. But for the good stuff – like links to new blogs, sneak peeks, contests and insider content, you should follow me @LionelNASCAR on Twitter and also on Facebook.

So thanks to everyone who read this blog, left comments, sent e-mails and encouraged me along the way.

NASCAR fans are the best fans on the planet – and I’m proud to be one of them.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome job. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great job congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to "M"...we are not surprised by your success!

    Jerry, Susan (and Jill)

    ReplyDelete