Friday, February 5, 2010

Connick to Croon at the Daytona 500


Have I died and gone to heaven? Or did the gods of NASCAR know just exactly what I wanted for Valentine's Day?

Last night I found out that the enormously talented and ridiculously good-looking Dierks Bentley will be giving a concert Friday night, Feb. 12 at Daytona Beach's Ocean Deck. Then today, I get a press release from Daytona International Speedway, informing me that Harry Connick Jr. will be singing, or should I say crooning, the National Anthem before this year's Daytona 500.

I've been a Connick fan since 10th grade, when I saw him perform in Jacksonville, Fla. with his entire orchestra. The man's voice is smooth as silk and he's not too hard on the eyes either.

Let's see, NASCAR, Dierks and Harry Connick Jr.all in one weekend - that's a Valentine's Day gift any girl would love!

Photo: Harry Connick Jr. will sing the National Anthem at this year's Daytona 500

No comments:

Post a Comment