Thursday, February 18, 2010

Top 10 Reasons Why NASCAR Is Better Than the Olympics


I used to care about the Olympics. Let me clarify that. I still do care how many medals the Americans rack up during the 2010 Winter Games. However, thus far, the excitement of watching the competition in Vancouver hasn’t had me on the edge of my seat.

Maybe I’m still on an adrenaline high from the Daytona 500. But regardless, I’ve been thinking about how the Olympics compares to NASCAR and I’ve come to a conclusion.
There IS no comparison.

So, in the spirit of David Letterman, I give you my Top 10 Reasons Why NASCAR Is Better Than the Olympic Winter Games:

10. You don’t have to listen to other countries’ national anthems

9. When a driver uses profanity on the team radio, it doesn't make national news.

8. That biased judge from Russia doesn’t get a vote

7. Your favorite driver doesn’t have to wait four years to redeem himself if he has an off performance.

6. No curling allowed.

5. A race broadcast is REALLY live - not tape-delayed.

4. Dale Jr’s Beard has a Twitter account. Can Shaun White’s hair say that?

3. NASCAR was started by some Southerners who ran moonshine and drove fast. The Olympics were begun by some Greeks who ran around naked.

2. When a bunch of drivers wreck at Talladega, they don't make the track smaller.

1. You’ll never catch a NASCAR driver adding feathers or sequins to his firesuit.

Speaking of sequins, I found the most bedazzled Olympian of them all performing to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" back in 2009 and had to share:




No comments:

Post a Comment