Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

There are few things more disappointing than rain on a Sunday afternoon.

Especially when raindrops are falling on the very track which is hosting the week's Sprint Cup race.

Such was the case at Martinsville Sunday for the NASCAR faithful.  After viewers waited through an extended pre-race show and umpteen weather predictions, officials postponed the race until noon Monday. So, though disappointed, I immediately set my DVR to record every show on the FOX network from noon to 7 p.m. Monday - just for good measure.

This afternoon, I carefully avoided Twitter, Facebook and all things cyber space on the off-chance I'd find out the Martinsville outcome before being able to see it for myself.  But alas, all my efforts were in vain.  I arrived home after a stressful day at the office, only to discover my DVR hadn't DVR'd anything - except for a Seinfeld rerun and an old episode of My Name Is Earl.

Such was my Monday.  However there is always the proverbial silver lining.  If, like me, you missed the live broadcast, the race will be re-aired in its entirety on Speed TV Wednesday at noon. 

And this time, I'm going to give my DVR a test drive first. Or maybe I'll just call in sick ...

Photo info: Sunday's rain postpones the Martinsville race to Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment