Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Keselowski to Earn His Stripes at Darlington

Still riding high after his explosive Talladega win two weeks ago, Brad Keselowski will be one to watch at Darlington.

Keselowski has never raced a Cup car at "the track too tough to tame"--but he does have two Nationwide races under his belt, earning a 15th-place finish at last Spring's race. But even given his limited Cup experience so far, Keselowski seems ready to tame just about anything. Just watch his on-camera interviews or read his comments online. Whatever you think of this up-and-coming star, there's no doubting his self-possession, innate confidence and obvious desire to win.

"I know it is going to be a challenge for me to qualify the GoDaddy.com Chevy this weekend. But I've never backed down from a challenge, and I definitely don't plan to this weekend. My GoDaddy.com team is bringing me a great car and I know with their help, we can get this No. 25 in the race and post a solid finish," said Keselowski.

Unlike Dega, Keselowski will be racing for team owner Rick Hendrick this weekend. And wouldn't it be something if he outran the rest of his Hendrick teammates to the finish line yet again?

Stranger things have happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment